A little bit about us:
Our program inspires children to discover, experiment, contemplate, create and learn about themselves and their world. At The Cottage School, we cherish the individual and nurture the whole child.
The Cottage School:
- is located on the Southside.
- serves children between the ages of three and a half thru six.
- includes a fully gated, private yard with ample room to run and play.
- has a small student teacher ratio with a maxium of 14:2.
- uses environmentally friendly products, recycles everything possible.
- is in its 12th year running.
Using the practice of Nonviolent Communication we encourage emotional intelligence and respectful relationships.
We practice honoring ourselves and our place on the earth. We use the world around us to enhance our process-oriented curriculum which includes art, science, language arts, singing/movement, mathematical solving, outdoor exploration and weekly swimming lessons.
All learning is group based and individually paced. The focus on acadamia is a gentle, yet ever present infusion in our daily routines. Children who stay with us thru Kindergarten leave The Cottage School ready to enter any public or private school with confidence in themselves and their abilities both socially and academically.